How You Can Succeed With Facebook Marketing in 2020

Facebook has grown and continues to be the king of social networks and platforms, where in the latest study by We Are Social, it indicates that Facebook is already reaching 2,500 million active users, having an increase of 8% compared to the last quarter.

Although, for various reasons, when investing in advertising on the Facebook platform, 1,950 million active users can be reached, 32% of the population over 13 years of age can be reached by Facebook ads, nevertheless, the scope has increased from last quarter by 1%. Of the active users, 44% are female and 56% are male.

Facebook, has support of its instant messaging, known as FB Messenger, with about 1,300 million users. One of the great debates that exist among digital marketing specialists is about the growth of the social network TikTok, in recent months, within the mobile 2020 report, it is known that FB Messenger and Facebook are in the first and second place as the applications with the most downloads globally.

Audience age

Facebook has a scope divided as follows:

  • 13 – 17 years, 2.5% are female and 3.1% male, giving a total of 5.6%, which is equal to 109 million.
  • 18 – 24 years old, 10% are female and 14% male, giving a total of 24%, which is equal to 468 million.
  • 25 – 34 years, 13% are female and 19% male, giving a total of 32% which is equal to 624 million.
  • 35 – 44 years old, 7.6% are female and 9.5% male, giving a total of 17% which is equal to 331.5 million.
  • 45 – 54 years, 5% are female and 5.4% male, giving a total of 10.4% which is equal to 202.8 million.
  • 55 – 64 years old, 3.2% are female and 2.9% male, giving a total of 6% which is equal to 117 million.
  • 65+, 2.3% are female and 2.1% male, giving a total of 4.4% which is equal to 85.8 million.

If a specialist focuses on the range of 19 years to 34 years, within the platform it represents more than half of the world’s adults.

In total, by advertising, almost 852 million female users and 1,097 million male users can be reached, where the most important community is between the ages of 18 and 34, 460 million are female and 652 million are male.

Average scope 2020

Once the age and gender ranges that you can reach through advertising have been defined, it is necessary to know the average reach that you can achieve and according to the country you want to focus on. The following table shows the 24 countries with the greatest reach according to advertising and investment.

It can be seen that in the case of Spanish-speaking there is Mexico (84 million), Colombia (32 million), Argentina (29 million), Peru (22 million) and Spain (21 million).

On average, the reach of advertising globally is 32%, depending on the investment made, taking into account that the population over 13 years of age. However, the following image shows that there are many countries that exceed the global average.

Changes in Facebook communities by country

For the presentation of the values, the image shows the growth by quarter, where it shows the absolute and relative increase. The difference between each of them is that

  • Absolute change refers to the simple difference in the indicator over two time periods.
  • The relative change expresses the absolute change as a percentage of the value of the indicator in the previous period.

The absolute increase includes Mexico, increasing 2 million users and Ecuador increased 1 million.

Not everything is wonderful, now there is a decrease in the communities, among them there is Spain that has lost 1 million users, this is equal to 4.5% compared to the last quarter.

User language on Facebook

The language that dominates the Facebook community is English, with 1,100 million users this is almost 57% of all the users that you can reach through advertising, the second language would be Spanish which represents 350 million, this is equal to 18% of the population.

If a brand has a more globalized positioning as its objective, by handling these two languages, it practically reaches about 75% of the population within Facebook.

Most used devices to access Facebook

98% of people use any type of mobile phone, 79% of people only use phones to access Facebook , 19% use between phone and computer to access and only 1.9% use only computer or laptop.

People who access from mobile devices, almost 81% use the Android operating system, 14.2% Apple and 5% use other operating systems or browsers.

Frequency of Facebook activity

It is the number of times that users interact with a page, the activities carried out are the following:

  • 13 likes in the past 30 days (all post types)
  • 5 comments made in the last 30 days (all post types)
  • 1 Facebook posts shared in the last 30 days (all post types)
  • Engaged with 12 Facebook ads in the last 30 days (all clicks)

There are countries that exceed the average number of comments, such as the Philippines, which is 12 comments per user, Mexico for 8 comments and Argentina for 7 comments.

The amount of clicks for advertising, Mexico for 16 clicks, Argentina and Spain for 15 clicks each, and Colombia for 12 clicks.

Facebook page reach

The average global organic reach is 5.2% depending on the number of likes the page has, and the reach that can be achieved when investing in advertising is 28% on average, this number is very significant that should be taken in account for increasing brand presence.

Of course there are countries that have more reach such as Argentina has almost 6% reach, Spain and Mexico 5.3%.

Average Facebook engagement

All the publications made are obtained through the constant interaction that you can achieve with users.

  • 3.39% for posts on Facebook pages of any kind.
  • 6.09% for video posts on Facebook page.
  • 4.42% for posts of images from the Facebook page.
  • 2.72% for Facebook page link posts.
  • 1.44% for Facebook page status posts.

Organic reach according to the number of fans

One of the most difficult achievements to achieve is to increase reach, since, if you remember that reach is the number of unique people who reach the content , if a page is below 10,000 fans it has an average reach of almost 5 % and 8.21% interaction, and a page has more than 100,000 fans has a reach of 2.34% and 2.19% interaction.

Fan page for Facebook 2020

The list presents the 20 pages with the most likes and followers, it should be noted that within the fan page is a relationship where the user has the power to interact with the page, it is not necessary to follow the page and give it a like, so according to The page can see a small difference between this and more if it is about public figures or personal brands, you can notice more, such as the page of Cristiano Ronaldo, Shakira, Leo Messi, Eminen, among others.


The social network continues to grow and has had an important impact, either from the protection of personal data, to the use and manipulation of it, all this leads to Facebook taking and making significant changes in its algorithm to create a friendly environment and safe for its users.

Facebook has carried out very accurate strategies at a commercial level, where it seeks to create an ecosystem that studies, and feeds on the interactions made by users on its various platforms, this has Instagram , WhatsApp and FB Messenger.

One of the great dilemmas that most users have is about the new social network TikTok and if it is capable of surpassing Facebook, it is true that TikTok is an interesting social network that has shaken and changed the way of presenting content, but, It is a social network focused on young people, it must be able to adapt to any technological generation and the new steps of Facebook must also be evaluated.

And if I were you, I do not worry about the social network or the means of communication, but to evaluate THE BEHAVIOR OF THE USERS, what they share, what they need to know and what they consider interesting. Focus, even if it is 1 hour a day, in evaluating how your users who like to read or what they dislike behave, everything is valid, only if you want to create a true experience for the customer.

Related articles

Share article

Latest articles